Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Follow your heart.....

Dear friends,


I have realized that this Griffin journey has been about me as well as the children. When we were in Tennessee, I worked 60+ hours a week and Bubba stayed with the children most of the time. I was his helper and he did most of the work.


Moving to Alabama and him working night shift for the last six months has been life changing. I began to feel my worth again "behind the chair"; I measured my success by how good my career was going and my being busy at the salon. Boy does God get your attention.....I realized quickly that what Bubba did for our family was above and beyond. Being both mother and father for the last six months as well as cook, housekeeper, teacher, caregiver, laundry maid and DIAPER changer has made me appreciate the children and my sweet husband even more.


I had much rather be remembered for being a best friend and wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend to others than a great hairdresser. I think my ministry is "behind the chair" but not my worth. We begin another journey July 1st as we kick off Lucky Buck Jewelry again with our Bezalel collection and I would ask for your prayers. We started our last journey June 1st last year and were hugely successful until we let fear get in the way of God's will for our lives. Here we go again.....

No comments: