Saturday, December 28, 2013

A healthy new year and a healthy new you!

When we roll over to 2014, I will have been a hairstylist for 30 years. Wow! Where did the time go? For me, success is measured in many ways but financial success has never been my measuring stick. I have been a beginning stylist that worked two jobs to make ends meet, I have been an educator within the industry and I have taught private hair cutting classes. I have been a rock star stylist that earned $175,000 a year and four years ago we gave all that up. 

We started over with nothing but time. Free time to be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend has been my success story. I went from working 6 days a week/12-14 hours a day to working on average 4 days a week with no hours posted. 

Recently, a great friend said "it must be nice to be a Griffin!"  You know I have to say, "It is nice to be a Griffin!"  We are so blessed that it is beyond measure. 
We have given up a lot to be this happy and I encourage you in the new year to give up your "lot". Anything excess is too much and could be shared with others. 

We volunteer three days a week with Blessings in a Backpack, in which we are currently feeding 782 children a weekend. Find your gifts and share them. Do what you love to do and then find a way to make a living doing it. 

Live intentionally. Make a friend that keeps you accountable to your christian walk. Always date your spouse. Get a babysitter at least once a month if not more often. Find a church that you can give of yourself instead of being served. Stop making campgrounds out of your memories and make new ones. Love who God created you to be.....,

No comments: