Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 2013.....where did 2012 go?

Dear friends and family,
I was recently diagnosed, treated and cleared for melanoma skin cancer on my neck.  All is well and I am healing inside and out.  It was a scary month of December for us.  Given a little time, lots of thoughts go through your mind.  Just this week I was on my knees praying and the song on the radio was talking about "I just want to go home" and I thought, "Lord, are you preparing me?".  Full whirlwind of emotions for us right now with the most being an overwhelming sense of peace.

Tonight we begin Blessings in a Backpack after a long absence for the holidays.  It is such a blessing for us to feed the children of Marshall County.  We usually have over 60 volunteers with as many as 80 at a time.  We will pack 947 backpacks or so tonight.  Take a look at our video on Horizon TV 2013 Blessings in a Backpack if you can.  It turned out so well for us to raise awareness of what Blessings is.  We had planned on adding Grant this month but their funding did not come through as planned.  We got a little seed money to grow on though and we are thankful.  From this is a new beginning..

We have some beautiful pictures of our family that were taken by a friend at J Harris Photography in Tennessee.  Since I have posted, I don't know how to load pictures but I will find out soon and get them on here. 
Blessings to all,
Wendy

No comments: