Sunday, August 20, 2017

ACHALASIA UPDATE...

Dear friends and family,
Chicago called on Friday to say that they would be sending in the second appeal to Blue Cross and Blue Shield.  So for now it is to hurry up and wait. Insurance says the POEM surgery is elective and investigational.  The doctor started me on a medicine which I think is helping a little. One of my fellow achalasians said that when he looked at achalasia as a disability instead of a disease it helped him.  With that said, I need to learn by elimination what I can and can't eat.  I know meat is the hardest.  The list of what I can't eat is much larger that what I can eat. 

So much of it is grieving food and social companion while eating.  I shouldn't eat past 7:00.  I shouldn't eat any meat but hamburger and fish.  I shouldn't eat and then bend over, I shouldn't, I shouldn't, I shouldn't......

No comments: